- This event has passed.
Export Education: Export 201
January 11, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to export/import and save the company money? Did you realize that just putting $1.00 or some random value on a commercial invoice for customs purposes on so-called “samples” really isn’t the proper way to value your shipments? This program will help you be in full compliance with a whole host of US export/import regulations. You will know the proper standards by which to determine origin and begin to label the origin of your items. Most companies are using the incorrect values on their commercial invoices, EEI’s and other documents to “help” a foreign customer. Learn how to properly handle valuations on drop shipments, samples, warranties, repairs and replacements for customs purposes. Come and learn about the FCPA, Successor Liability and how this affects you.
- Understanding the six (6) ways to Export/Import Duty Free
- Learn which of these tools can save you duty as well as taxes overseas.
- Determining the Country of Origin vs. Marking the Origin
- Exporting Samples, Warranties, Repairs & Replacements
- Proper Customs Valuation as well as Transfer Pricing with Related Parties
- Three (3) Drop Shipment Scenarios with Proper Customs Values & Documents
- Learning more about the FCPA- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Successor Liability – how this affects you
- Best Practices of Successful Companies